Aktuelle Kinder-und Jugendliteratur für alle Stufen
January 22, 2003
The NCAATG would like to invite you to our upcoming Lehrerkonferenz, which will take place on Saturday, February 22 at the Career Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The event has as its theme Aktuelle Kinder-und Jugendliteratur für alle Stufen. We are honored to have Dr. Gisela Moffit of Central Michigan University as our guest presenter. Her award-winning article on teaching Jugendliteratur has become one of the must-reads in our profession. The program is practical and relevant to all levels of German instruction—Dr. Moffit has distinguished herself by finding creative ways to integrate Jugendliteratur at the college level, and she has worked extensively with middle and high school German, too. The day represents an excellent opportunity to meet and share ideas with middle school, high school, and college professionals from all over the state. All professors and teachers of German, teaching assistants, and students contemplating a career teaching German are encouraged to attend. Door prizes will be awarded to lucky winners chosen from the pool of newcomers and members who have brought newcomers to the conference.
The event, which is co-hosted by Brigitte Woloszyn of the Career Center and Susan David of West Forsyth High School, will include continental breakfast, the seminar, lunch, and Kaffee & Kuchen in the afternoon. The conference fee for each participant is $10.00, which includes the seminar and all food. To register, please return the registration form (pdf--get Acrobat here) and a check for $10.00 made out to NC-AATG. The completed forms and checks should be sent to
156 Raider Road
North Iredell High School
Olin, NC 28660
The registration deadline is February 17th, 2003. Questions should be directed via e-mail to David Savage at email@example.com or by phone at 704-876-4191.
A special benefit to middle and high school participants will be a certificate for .7 renewal credits for attending the seven-hour event. We are looking forward to a solid turnout for this excellent workshop. See you on February 22.
- Approach Winston-Salem from the East or West on I-40.
- Enter Winston-Salem on I-40. ( Not Business I-40).
- Get off at the Peters Creek Parkway exit and turn left on Peters Creek Parkway.
- Go straight ahead (downhill) to Silas Creek Parkway and turn left on the Parkway.
- Follow Silas Creek Parkway to Miller Streeet ( Forsyth Tech. Comm. College on left).
- Turn left and drive to next stop sign.
- Take a left and then a quick right and stay to the right until you see the Career Center,
- behind the Administration Building (Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools).
- Park in the lot on